Sunday, March 30, 2008

sunday dinner...

I ran out of idea and materials to cook for dinner, so I flipped through my cooking books. Yesh, I found Recipe for Bread Pudding. I also left 4 pieces of bread so I decided to take risk [normally if not enough ingredients I won't play with food one lo]


It turns out nice [even though I didn't complete the recipe]

I also cook Asam Fish hahaha...can't believe I can do it lolz...


It doesn't look good in the photo...but it did taste good [:P] kekeke

Bread Pudding Recipe:

*serve for 2

- 25g unsaled butter
- 4 thick slices bread
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tbsp demerara sugar

1) Preheat the oven to moderate 180c (350F/Gas 4). Melt 10g of the butter and use to brush a 1.5L oven proof dish. Spread the bread very lightly with the remaining butter and cut each slice in half diagonally. Layer the bread in the prepared dish, sprinkling the cinnamon and sulatanas between each layer.

2) Lightly whisk together the egg, egg yolk and caster sugar in a large bowl. Heat the milk with the cream until just warm and stir in the vanilla. Whisk the cream mixture into the egg mixture. Strain the custard over the layered bread, then leave for 5 minutes before sprinkling with the demerara sugar.

3) Bake for 30minutes, or until the custard has set and the bread is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments: