Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm doing my parts, are you?

Do you regularly complain about your life? Your job? Your school? Not enough time to play? Not enough gadgets to play? Not up-to-date to the today fashion?

You shouldn't.

Reports as at 2009, 2.5 billion people still lack access to improved sanitation facilities. 1 billion children are deprived of one or more services essential to survival and development. 101 million children are not attending or not able to attend primary schools. 150 million children 5–14 years old are engaged in child labour. And many more to come.




We should be grateful for what we have and what we are given. Should be more careful, appreciate and thankful for today that we are still breathing with proper clothing, vehicle to drive, job to keep us survive, family to share joy and tears with.
Because some people, at the same or different time zone, have nothing to be thankful for beside a slow death breath that one night they would wish not to be awake in the next morning.


Speaking of which, about two months ago I had become A friend of Unicef by pledging monthly donation to Unicef based in Malaysia to help children education and living and etc.
I always want to be part of charity or any supports to any organizations to help out the weak and the poor regardless any nations.

Without hesitation when the volunteer of Unicef approached if I have five minutes for him to explain how this work, I sat down and ready to be part of the committee.

And yesterday, I have done the same for WWF and yes I pledge monthly donation to WWF Malaysia to help out and no I do not have too much money and did not know what to do with it. This is what I think the least I could do to help.

Understanding that being part of the committee it would be wonderful if I could be there and spending time as well as help out the campaigns but selfish me have no time for this. So I do what I can. I donate what I can. I help what I can.
Even though I have no time to actually volunteer and give my sincere support by going through what the others have been through but this what I could do for the moment.

I hope you, my wonderful friends, will join me in whatever way you could to help out the poor and others that facing difficult life and living (please log in to Unicef and/or WWF for details on how you could do to help).

You can also do your part at your own home (the other least you could do).
Appreciate your life, every little things you have and surround you.
Off the light, computers and other electronics if you don't need it.
Off the water if you don't use it (no, you will only need the water after you're done brush your teeth).
Use toilet/facial tissue papers wisely (don't laugh~ because I know some of you actually pull as much as you can for toilet or facial tissue papers to wipe every little things).
Off your vehicle's engine if you don't drive.
Well, if I have miss out anything.. please feel free to update me *smiles*

No comments: