Friday, June 27, 2008

Kuching...the land of freedom and heavenly stress-free

p.s. okay...my previous post was so tragedy...now I have to balance it back. Kuching wasn't that bad...I was just culture shock only [=.=" hehehe]


Day One


Welcome to Sarawak !!


and...Welcome to LICT...Kuching [^_^]




If I'm not mistaken, there are no Jusco or Tesco or whatsoever store there... except one tiny Giant.
In kuching, they mostly used the local brand.
For example, famous local fast food is SugarBun. Famous local store, Everise or 100% etc.
Cool heh? no?


Day Two


Few things you must do in Kuching, one of them is TRY the local food!!
Amust try: Sarawak Laksa and Kolok Mee....fuiiyooooo!!
Super Nice le.... *drolling*


Sarawak Laksa [RM 10]
p.s. super big prawn.... o_o



Kolok Mee [RM 6]

I tried these two dishes at Madam Tang's, a famous restaurant in town.


Madam Tang's menu

I went to this place for dinner, I have no idea what they call it [is it Kampong Boyan?? I donno....
It's basically across the river. So we have to take the sampan to the other side. It was so cheap, RM 0.30 per head [I wonder how much the roller earn per day -_- so kersian...]
p.s. It was not romantic, okay!?? the sampan so small...so many people inside...so scary le...cis!

Sampan



Day Three

Another dish that it might be hard to find in KL [or may be can't find at all] is tomato kuy teow. This one also...fuiiiyoooo!!



Tomato Yee Mee [~ RM 5]



Midin with Garlic [RM 8]


Midin...look weird, right?


Day Four


Yesterday I was mentioned about too much tea... Yes this is the Ice Lemon Tea special that I've mentioned.... -_-


Ice Lemon Tea Special [RM 2.50]



Helena, Sean and Valerie brought me to this famous Kuay Chap.
Fuiiiiiyoooo soooooo nice la and yet...it's cheap ^_^


Petanak Central Market
Yes... it's a wet market at day time



Kuay Chap [RM 3++]

Kuay chap is a sort of herbal soup with big flat kuy teow and lots of meat and the internal pig organ. right?

After Kuay Chap, we drove around and snap the pictures.
Apparently, Kuching turns to Cambodia at night hahaha. Everyone stay at home or even sleep early!!
So I've been force to take photo of the Kucing!! aiyooo very peiseh le... may be I took too much photo around...-_-


Cat Statue @ Kuching North City Hall


My three super crazy models...
[left to right] Sean, Helena and Valerie

After, we grabbed a bite @ ah mui's place. The famous stall for siu mai in town.
Muahahaha I just love to eat la...


Siu Mai [RM 0.50 per bigi]

p.s. I had two more cups of tea later that day...crazy right? I was totally forgot that I was trembling early the day [>.<]

Day Five



Grabbed lunch with Nikki @ The Badger Bar in the Sarawak Club [since 1876]

One thing I respect Kuching culture is that...thing will not double or tripple the price no matter where you go!!

Before the flight back to Cyberjaya, a must do is...getting a tattoo!!
kekeke Sean throw a dragon tattoo on my hand....
okay okay!! it's not a real tattoo...but it's super cool...and I love it very much ^_^



Action!!


Tadaaaa.....The dragon...rrrroarrrrr...opps! wrong impression... -__-

not to mention I was stuck in the middle of a very looooooooooong jam while going to airport...


Front View


Behind our car

And here I am back in Cyber blogging about Sarawak... kinda miss them anyway...
They are so sweet, friendly and crazy sometime.
Hey, guys!! if you read my blog arr... Thank you very much oo!! I felt so warmth with your cares ^_^!! I'm so blessed!!

I want to explain something with the title.
Kuching is basically a nice place to live. It's peaceful and warmth.
You only have the 9-to-5 working culture, there is no phone call after midnight or meeting on Sunday!!
You have Hari Gawai public holiday where West Malaysia people doesn't know what is that!!
You have nice food to eat.
....somemore??
aiyaa go there la..you'll know!!

p.s. and NO, I work more than 12 hours over there!!

6 comments:

Dennis said...

Walau eh... 10 bucks for a bowl of prawn mee... the noodle made of gold ar?

So jealous you guys can travel around and experience different cultures...

Fo me, I have to save my own money and travel by myself, u guys got sponsored and got paid for that!!!

k.o.p.i.a.i.s said...

Err no arr w/out those two giant prawns it's only RM6. So i think it still reasonable...because the prawn is so damn B.I.G O_o

It has pro and con for traveling and work at the same time. We gotta experience a lot of things but we have to work under double pressured and super tight deadline plus daily report!!.

Eryn said...

Your bowl of RM 6 kolok mee doesn't look like kolok mee to me my dear. It's beef noodle! -__-"

Kolo mee is either orange/yellow in color and comes with char siu and some minced meat on top.

Darn. Never been to Mdm Tang before.

Did you try the 3 layers Teh Ais? Belacan Mihun? White lady (dessert)?

Kuching has few shopping malls and you can find almost everything (from KL) there. Don't la say we only have one tiny Giant. =)

Darn I miss kueh chap and laksa.

k.o.p.i.a.i.s said...

Eryn: I thought so...but the menu said Kolok mee...so I kolok mee also :P

I tried Teh C (si) special... fuiyooo so nice leh...but didn't take photo coz i was expecting to have it lots of time..but ended up once only.

didn't try mihun or dessert...kinda listed in my i-don't-like-them list kekeke

and i did say they have local brand la... not NOTHING-AT-ALL... aiyooo so sensitive ehhhh hahahaha

Eryn said...

Haha! Sad ma. Hear ppl comment Kuching like that. =P

k.o.p.i.a.i.s said...

awwww mayb i didn't mention it clearly... kekeke