Sunday, June 22, 2008

Symptoms

Common signs and symptoms of antibiotic allergy include:

  • Rash
  • Hives
  • Itchy eyes
  • Swollen lips, tongue or face (angioedema)

The most serious allergic reaction to antibiotic is an anaphylactic [an-uh-fuh-LAK-tik] response, which can be deadly. Anaphylactic reactions develop immediately after antibiotic exposure in highly sensitive people and cause the airways (bronchi) to constrict, making it difficult to breathe. Blood pressure may drop to life-threatening levels, making you feel dizzy or causing you to lose consciousness. Other serious signs and symptoms include:

  • Wheezing
  • Lightheadedness
  • Slurred speech
  • Rapid or weak pulse
  • Blueness of your skin, including your lips and nail beds
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea and vomiting
source: http://www.epipen.com/causes_medications.aspx
source: http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00620.html

Conclusion:
I think I'm allergic to antibiotic.
Reason: After I got throat infection, I took antibiotic, then I've got itching the entire body, then I feel very dizzy all the time [which I thought because I had fever earlier, and now it's clearly not!] and diarrhea and feel like vomiting [and I also suspect my throat is also swollen since I feel very disturbing around that area which I don't think is the phlegm!!]

Treatment
Anaphylaxis is an emergency requiring an immediate epinephrine injection and hospital care to maintain blood pressure and support breathing!!

[o_o"]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay no need go Kuching.
Or, you'll swell until you look like a pig in Kuching. Muaha!

Dennis said...

Are you ok or not? Don't force yourself to work in Kuching if you are not ok.

I can recover faster than you because I have enough rest.

You take care lah. Faster faster come back ar.

k.o.p.i.a.i.s said...

max: i took that as a compliment

dennis: apparently, i discovered the allergy thingy after i finished the antibiotic. So right now I just have to calm myself not to injure my body by scratching... after few days should b ok redi... i think... -_-